Monday, May 2, 2016

My World.....Shattered

Just rollin' along, living life, working hard, hiking hard, and loving living in The Treehouse at Dragonfly Hill.

Jake was doing fairly well on the phenobarbital, with a few breakthrough seizures - until he had a severe cluster of three seizures over the span of a few hours.  My poor Bubby.  He would barely recover from one when another would strike.

And the look he would give me as a seizure was beginning was utterly heartbreaking.  In that split second before the seizure took over his body, his beautiful golden eyes pleaded with me to make it stop.

He knew what was coming.  I knew what was coming.  And it bore down on him like a freight train.

And there was absolutely nothing I could do to stop it.

I tearfully talked to the vet, and there weren't a whole lot of solutions.  Since he was beginning to exhibit toxic levels of the phenobarbital, his dosage couldn't be increased, and other meds weren't an option for him.

My beautiful Main Man, my partner, my goofball, my loyal protector, my love, my big cuddle bear, passed peacefully and quietly under the gentle and compassionate care of our vet on April 23, 2016, with Piper and I by his side.

Rarely does a dog touch one's soul like Jake did mine.

Rest in peace, my sweet boy.

No more seizures.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment