Sunday, August 4, 2013

Catch-Up Time: Chop and Donate

It's been nearly two and a half years since I last cut and donated my hair.  It's been WAY annoying lately:  too long, too hot, too hard to contain in hair ties.

Time to chop and donate!

I figured this was as good a time as any.  Even though Rituxan won't cause hair loss, I didn't want to be the one in the infusion room with this hugely long hair when others may not have any.  RUDE!

So I made an appointment with my sweet girl Carmel.  She and I met when we did Team In Training together last fall in preparation for our respective half-marathons in January.  She is a glowing bundle of fabulous energy that I'm so blessed to know and love.  She's also an amazing stylist in Little Italy.

 
Carmel and I at the Inspiration Dinner the night before
the Carlsbad Half Marathon last January.


Carmel did the Tinkerbell Half-Marathon at Disneyland the
weekend before, so she came out to show her support for those of us
who did Carlsbad.  Here I am running into her on the course.



Luv this girl!
So down to Carmel's salon I went.


OVERDUE for a haircut!
 
Step 1:  Contain it all.


Step 2:  SNIP!


15" later and I feel 10 pounds lighter!
 
THANK YOU, Carmel! XOXO
 
I must say, though, it is a little disconcerting to drive along
with your ponytail in the passenger seat next to you!

Tucked into a padded envelope, I mailed the pony off to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths program.  So far, they've received over 400,000 ponytails and have donated over 24,000 real hair wigs to the American Cancer Society's wig banks, which distributes wigs to cancer patients all over the country.  RIGHT ON!

Bye-bye 15"! See you again in two and a half years! 

No comments:

Post a Comment