Thursday, August 8, 2013

August 8, 2013 - Day Six, Post-Infusion

Off to the lab today after work for a blood draw; will have to do this on the days prior to infusions.  No biggie - painless, in-and-out in a flash!


I'm getting oddly used to this.....

I also picked up a cute good-sized reusable bag at the fabric store today, to schlep my stuff to the infusion center:



Last week, being my first day, I hauled many pounds of stuff with me.  They said to be prepared to be there all day, so I was!  In addition to my pillow and yellow blankie, I had packed my bag (actually a small suitcase, and no I'm not kidding.....) with a plethora of reading material, two big bottles of Smart Water, two Greek yogurts, cheese, pretzels, granola bars, phone charger, earphones, and socks.  And exactly how much did I actually use?  Let's see:  I did put on the socks, had a few sips of one bottle of water, and downed a few pretzels.  The books and magazines stayed put - Benadryl Brain makes it difficult to read!  Everything else remained untouched until I unpacked it at home.  Moral of the story:  I haul WAY too much crap with me!  I'll definitely scale back for tomorrow's infusion, but still gotta have some good reads with me:

    
Infusion #2 coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment