Saturday, April 28, 2012

March 20, 2012

Abdominal CT scan with contrast.  After changing into a hospital gown that was obviously made by a tentmaker, I was prepped by having an IV installed and flushed, then taken to the CT room.  It was a good thing I was pre-warned about what happens when the dye is injected, because when you’re lying on the CT table and the dye starts coursing through your body, it feels like you’re uncontrollably peeing.  Very weird sensation.

It's never a good thing when you receive calls from both your primary physician AND the urologist about the CT scan you just had - before you even get home. 

My primary said the CT scan showed that the lymph nodes were still enlarged, so the next step would be a biopsy.

The urologist said that the kidney stone issue seems to be resolved, and reiterated what my primary physician said - lymph nodes still enlarged, biopsy would be next on the agenda.  He ended the call with "Good luck to you."  THAT sorta freaked me out.  It was like he was telling me that his work was done and now I'll be moving into a whole 'nother ballgame.  

No comments:

Post a Comment